找回密码
 -注册-
楼主: cuan

新入了对JBL LSR305音箱,国外网站简直炸开了。

[复制链接]
发表于 2014-5-22 16:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式 来自 美国
找有源监听一个多月,最终选定LSR305,关于买音箱选有源还是无源,基本上不是土豪级别的入有源就对了,理由不想多重复,主要是省钱和内置最搭配的功放。

作为国外品牌,国内自然没枪手,我在一些论坛上看到老外写的感想实在太毒,忍不住入了对。先上一些回帖摘选,千万别被毒倒。。。1楼说听感接近万元丹拿BM6a了,2楼直接干掉ADAM F5。。。

I was at Dale Pro Audio in NYC picking up some cables and nick/nacks two weeks ago or so, and my buddies pulled me into the demo room and asked me to check out the 305 and the Genelecs.

Keep in mind I've listened to 3 generations of Genelecs in Dale's demo room. I know how Genelecs sound (especially in that room). and the new ones just sounded wrong. Beatles, Beasties, Jay-Z, Miles Davis, Tom Petty, etc... all sounded very muffled, with a weird resonance in the low mids. The opposite of what you'd expect Genelecs to sound like. I checked the settings on the speakers and everything was set Flat.

The JBL's on the other hand were a complete surprise. I've also listened to 3 generations of JBL speakers in that demo room, and was never a fan. The 305s were incredibly even, with nice midrange details, I always demo Abby Road because on good speakers you can really hear the compressor working on the instruments, and subtle things like the reverb tails, the things you want to hear when your mixing. . and sure enough I could hear all that on the 305's. The highs are clean, not hyped or crispy, They reminded me of my BM6a's (original) but with a bit more forward mids. These are not your 'big bass, crispy highs' entry level speakers (meant to grab attention and move off quickly off of Guitar Center floors)

Like I said, we put them up to a pair of 0310's that just happened to be there, just to see, and overall tone, and stereo imaging were very similar. The 310's did sound better, but at that point I'm comparing a $300 pair to a $7000 pair. (and of course, the 305's would never fill the same space the 310's would)

Just this week, Dale lent me demo a pair for our facility as a speaker for our composers to work on... Not only did That pair not go back, I'm putting in a request to order 4 more pairs for the rest of the crew....

Anywho, it's a sign that great products are becoming cheaper to manufacture. JBL isn't a sexy brand, and I'm the first to bash Harmon, but they nailed it with this one.

------------------------------------------------------
Good morning,

Im from Germany and Im very new to this forum and to monitors, but I want to leave some experience and some questions here :-)

I tested some monitors last week for my home recording.

List of subjects to testing:
Adam F5, Yamaha HS5, Presounius E5, Mackie Mr5 2 and 3, KRK RP5 2 and 3, M-A BX8 Mr5, JBL LSR 305.
Tannoy 501 werent in stock.

Test:
1. RP5 2 - very muffled.
2. RP5 3 - better, but in comp. to the Adam - no chance.
3. Mackie Mr5 2 and 3: In dont know why, but the Mr2 I liked a bit more than the 3, but the Adam wins again.
4. Yamaha and Presonius fell away instantly.
5. JBL: wow.. they sound so good. First competitor to the Adam F5.
And for me they win!

---------------------------------
Its easy to look and see how excited people are about a new product and believe what you are saying, however it is another thing altogether to just go to the store and have a listen for yourself. I have had my LSR 305s for just about a month, and I am EXTREMELY happy with them. I did not just make an impulse decision when buying the JBLs. I had been listening and testing out monitors for almost two years. I was looking for monitors that werent 8" but 5" that didnt take up my entire workspace on my desk. Quite a tall order when I did not want to sacrifice quality or clarity. Anyway I was dead set on getting the F5 Adams......Problem was at 400 a pop, I kept getting cold feet when I attempted to pull the trigger. I thought there HAS to be a happy medium! (Cost/performance ratio) then I listened to these. It was truly one of those moments......when a heavenly body drifts out of the clouds.....I just knew these were the ones. When I saw the price, I almost fell down. I honestly thought the price tag would be around 400 per monitor. Then, I thought the wrong price tag was on them at Guitar Center.....Nevertheless, I did not buy them, but went to the internet looking at specs, and reading about the 305's. I was wondering to myself if perhaps all of my research made me give up, and think the 305s were the best sounding monitors I have heard in SOME time. I wondered why the highs were so crisp, and the percussion so realistic on my reference CD. Then I found something out. What JBL did was use the wave guide technology from their M2 commercial monitors. ($10000 per monitor) Then I read that their engineers were out to corner the 5 monitor niche by making sweet sounding quality monitors that everyone can afford. I honestly think they hit a home run here, and have the home run lead for the year. I dont know if any 5" monitor can match the JBLs. IF you think about it for a moment, how hard was it really? You have the KRK Rokit 5s, the Mackie MR5 MK2, the Presonus Erus 5, and the M Audio BX5 D2. Maybe the HS5 Yamahas? (Shrill HF btw) They didnt have to aim that high if they targeted the monitor range I just mentioned. The JBLs are sonically superior to any of these monitors.
One more thing I should mention, and I dont know why other manufacturers dont think of this.....how about using the same size amp for both high and Low Frequencies? When you think for a sec how smart that was to match the amp sizes....(41W LF, 41W HF) It just seems like a good idea to have matching amps!
But who am I? Im just some guy who finally found studio gear that fit my price budget, and fulfills my sound requirements just right. That doesn't happen to me that often I may add...... My point? Go to the store, and listen carefully.....Perhaps you will have the same moment of clarity like i did!
YES I LIKE THEM THAT MUCH!

-----------------------------------------------------
I just received my JBL LSR305 from Sweetwater using FedEx Home which operates from Tuesday to Saturday. Already I am in agreement with Zeppelin that the LSR305 plays much deeper than the Equator D5 can. The orchestral bass drum sounds far deeper and has much more impact than the D5. The cabinet size of the LSR 305 is a slightly bigger than the D5. The Equator D5 is coaxial design with a front port. I am finding out that front ports on monitors have more disadvantages than advantages for my needs. The front port of my D5 seems to get in way of the coherent sound of the coaxial driver and makes it more “boxy” sounding to my ears than it needs to be. Both of My JBL LSR305 and the Emotiva Airmotiv 6 than I am using are rear ported and sits fairly close to the rear wall but with just minor issues with rear ports. The bright glossy woofer ring on the LSR305takes a bit away from the matt finish of the monitor ergonomics. I am adjusting toe in and monitor trimmers for my needs. I do not believe in a long break-in period. More to come.

P.S. Those Proacs woofer replacements can not be cheap!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | -注册-

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|粤icp备09046054号|耳机网-耳机大家坛

粤公网安备 44030602000598号 耳机大家坛、www.erji.net、网站LOGO图形均为注册商标

GMT+8, 2024-4-18 17:38